What we are looking for
With the Visitor Program, the Health + Life Science Alliance provides support for medium term stays of guest scientists. Visitors should be invited to visit one or more of the member institutions. The aim of this program is to foster research co-operations with a focus on new and innovative topics that range from basic research to transfer and translation. Visitors should give at least one talk, open to all Alliance members and/or the public.
- Guest scientists: Up to 20.000 Euro (max.) will be provided to cover accommodation and travel expenses as well as guest contracts. The max. length of a funded stay is 3 months.
- Expenditures must be in line with the procurement and employment principles of the state of Baden-Württemberg.
Application Process & Funding Criteria
- Applications need to be submitted by the host.
- Please apply any time by providing the following:
- purpose and schedule of visit; if applicable description of planned research activities (max. 500 words)
- name, professional status, and affiliation of guest
- hosts and institutions involved
- target group for talk
- planned date and duration, including confirmation that organizational aspects of the planned stay (such as visa, guest contracts, etc.) can be fulfilled in time by the hosting institution
- budget outline (separated by item category, e.g., travel, accommodation, etc.)
- All corresponding events (e.g., keynotes, talks) should be open to the entire Health + Life Science Alliance and/or the public, depending on the topic covered.
- A proof of use of the funds must be provided.
- The management office of the Health + Life Science Alliance will advertise events related to funded visitors and may publish the description of the research activities.
- The organizers have to acknowledge the Health + Life Science Alliance on all materials related to a visit and event and during an event.
- Please apply by submitting the attached template as one single pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For further information on the Health + Life Science Alliance Heidelberg Mannheim, please check out https://www.health-life-sciences.de.
Applications for hosting guest scientists can be submitted at any time, but will be evaluated quarterly (end of Jan, Apr, Jul, Oct). Please take this timeframe into consideration when planning to apply for support.
For questions, please contact email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!