PLEASE NOTE: The call is closed.
What we are looking for
The Health + Life Science Alliance Heidelberg Mannheim is looking for outstanding junior scientists for bridging projects between two or more partner institutions. Suitable candidates may choose from a wide variety of innovative, inter-institutional projects specifically proposed by Project Leaders of the Alliance for this initiative. Currently, a particular focus is on priority areas of cancer research, cardiovascular research, neuropsychiatric diseases, genomics, synthetic immunology, molecular engineering and medical technologies. Alternatively, applicants are also welcome to define their own research project with at least two PIs at two different partner institutions. Candidates for the postdoctoral positions should have a PhD, MD or MD/PhD in a relevant area of research at project start.
What we offer
- Accepted fellows will be provided a 2-year contract at an Alliance partner institution with earliest start date in August/September 2023.
- This inter-institutional program offers an excellent interdisciplinary scientific environment.
- The program offers access to high-end technologies and state-of-the-art labs at world-class research institutions in the life sciences at the campus environment of Heidelberg University in Baden-Württemberg, Germany, one of the largest biomedical research hubs in Europe.
- Through the unique expertise across the institutions, we offer you the exclusive opportunity to gain insight into transfer of knowledge and the development of new applications.
- Register below to receive the access token for the offered Alliance projects (pdf in download box).
- Apply solely via the application form below.
- Applications should include (in one single pdf):
- Template A: the project(s) you are interested in (up to 3 choices are possible) and a cover letter outlining your scientific interests
- or Template B: your own project idea, a support letter signed by the hosting PIs, and a cover letter outlining your scientific interests (see Guide for Applicants for details, download box to the right)
- your CV
- a publication list, and PhD/MD certificate
- Please submit your application as one single pdf via the submission form below by 31 March 2023, 5 pm CET.
- At the time of the submission deadline, applicants should have not worked for more than 6 months as a postdoctoral researcher at Alliance partner institutions, which are co-hosting the selected project(s).
- For further information please check out our Guide for Applicants (download box to the right) or check the FAQ
- PLEASE NOTE: In case you face any problems with the upload, please reduce the file size of your pdf (max. size 6 MB).
The Heidelberg Mannheim Health + Life Science Alliance stands for equal opportunities and diversity. Qualified female candidates are especially invited to apply. Disabled persons will be given preference if they are equally qualified.
For further questions contact email@example.com
We look forward to your application!
About the Health + Life Science Alliance Heidelberg Mannheim
The Health + Life Science Alliance Heidelberg Mannheim strives to promote research and innovation through synergy – by bridging world-leading life science and biomedical research institutions and by bringing together a highly diverse range of disciplines and a cluster of top researchers. Heidelberg University with its faculties of Medicine, Biosciences, and Engineering Sciences, the University Hospital Heidelberg (UKHD) and the University Hospital Mannheim (UMM), the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), the Max-Planck-Institute for Medical Research (MPImR), and the Central Institute for Mental Health (ZI Mannheim) have the common goal to develop the Rhine-Neckar region into a world-leading innovation cluster by supporting cutting-edge research and promoting transfer of knowledge into new diagnostics and therapeutics. The participating research institutions are located at the heart of a highly dynamic urban economic and industrial area embedded in a beautiful region with high quality of life.